Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I.S.S. (Is Somebody Singing)








Verse
On solid fuel and wires 
Turn the key and the light the fire
We’re leaving Earth today 

This rockets burning bright 
We’ll soon be out of sight 
And orbiting in space 

Pre-chorus
Pushed back in my seat 
Look out my window 
There goes home 

That ball of shiny blue 
houses everybody anybody ever knew 

Chorus
So sing your song 
I’m listening 
out where stars are glistening
I can hear your voices bouncing off the moon 
If you could see our Nation 
from the International Space Station 
You’d know why I want to get back soon (get back soon) 

Verse
Eighteen thousand miles an hour 
Fueled by science and solar power 
The oceans racing past 

At half a thousand tons 
Ninety minutes Moon to Sun 
A bullet can’t go half this fast 

Pre-chorus
Floating from my seat 
Look out my window 
There goes Home (There goes home) 

That brilliant ball of blue 
Is where I’m from, and also where I’m going to 

Chorus
So sing your song 
I’m listening out where stars are glistening 
I can hear your voices bouncing off the moon 
If you could see our Nation 
from the International Space Station 
You’d know why I want to get back soon (get back soon) 

Bridge
All back and white just fades to grey 
Where the sunrises sixteen times a day 
You can’t make out borders from up here 
Just a spinning ball within a tiny atmosphere (atmosphere) 

Pre-chorus
Pushed back in the seat 
Look out my window 
Here comes home (ho-ho-home) 

What once was fueled by fear 
Now has fifteen Nations orbiting together here

Chorus
So sing your song  
I’m listening out where stars are glistening 
I can hear your voices bouncing off the moon 
If you could see our Nation 
from the International Space Station 
You’d know why I want to get back soon (get back soon) 
You’d know why I want to get back soon (getting back to you) 
You’d know why I want to get back soon (getting back to you) 
You’d know why I want to get back soon (getting back to you) 
You’d know why I want to get back soon

No comments:

Post a Comment